Gday

Coming from the land down under, I'm heading to your city and I want to hear your stories about Yarn Bombing. I'm looking for unique people to share their passionate love or hate for this graffiti craze. Please Contact me, yarnbombing@hotmail.com


Thursday, June 19, 2008

Buvljak Part 1





Throughout current travels in Eastern Europe, I visit different communities photographing children of gypsy families. These children happily spend their days begging and rummaging through garbage bins to earn enough daily income for their parents. The Buvljak flea market in Belgrade Serbia, is a huge community market where gypsy families sell all sort of collected items- whether from the street or deceased estates. The children are found at most of the stalls running the business. Meanwhile the younger children are playing with broken toys whilst dressed in baggy adult clothing. My photography aims to capture the innocence and joy of the children who are brought up in a cycle of struggle and lack of opportunities. Gypsy life in Eastern Europe remains as a lifestyle of struggle, untouched by government or humanitarian assistance.

No comments: